Saturday, October 10, 2009

The personality and soul come from within.

This entry was made because i recently talked to someone about these issues and I also first handedly witnessed some ignorant behaviors today.

People are really ignorant when it comes to race. I don't understand how the color of skin can determine anything. It's just a color pigment. As far as I’m concerned your personality and soul come from within, not from your skin color. And please don't try to throw in stereotypes or even statistics to try to prove me otherwise. It won’t prove anything to me, because I don’t judge people based off of a statistic; I get to know them first. I wouldn't want anyone to judge me based off of statistics, would you? It's funny how people can sit there are claim that stereotypes are true when they talk crap about other races, but when they hear a stereotype about themselves they are the first one to get defensive and say "well, stereotypes aren't true!!!" I hate hearing people’s ignorance. Yeah, stereotypes are fun to joke around with but when you take them seriously and accuse I want to smack you in your face. I am aware that every person in this world sometimes thinks of certain stereotypes. It's normal to do so, but when you start hating a whole group because of it...that's down right ignorant. I'm the most open-minded person and sometimes I don't even notice skin color. I get so annoyed and when I hear the same people repeatedly talking trash about an entire race it makes me go insane. What makes me even more insane is that these people think there’s nothing wrong with having such a hateful mindset.This isn't even just about race anymore..people are ignorant about so many other groups such as: "all Christians are.." or "all gays are..". So if you are one of these people, then just please stay away from me or don’t talk that nonsense around me. I can't surround myself with ignorant close-minded idiots any longer...it gives me a headache. The End.

3 comments:

  1. This post should be linked to everyone who ever utters something discriminatory!
    So many people don't appear to understand that something such as 'individual differences' exists. We're not all clones of a specific group. Therefore we shouldn't be stereotyped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Seriously 90% of the stereotypes that supposedly apply to me are not even true lol. Individual differences DO exists..people are just to ignorant to believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post highlights a great flaw of our society. What lacks here is respect. Even if a person does fall into a stereotype, it doesnt make you superior to them. My theory is, respect unless you are disrespected.

    ReplyDelete